Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "PoolakkalMukkath, Shakir" <Sh...@comcast.com> on 2019/05/03 13:09:44 UTC

Avro SerializationSchema for Confluent Registry

Hi Till,
Is there a Serialization schema for Kafka Producer when using Confluent Registry ? I am trying to publish to a topic which uses confluent registry and Avro schema.

If there is one, please point me. Otherwise, what are the alternatives to do this ?

Thanks
Shakir

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Avro SerializationSchema for Confluent Registry

Posted by "PoolakkalMukkath, Shakir" <Sh...@comcast.com>.
Thanks Dawid. That helps

From: Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>
Date: Friday, May 3, 2019 at 9:26 AM
To: "PoolakkalMukkath, Shakir" <Sh...@comcast.com>, Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>, "user@flink.apache.org" <us...@flink.apache.org>, Dominik WosiƄski <wo...@gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Avro SerializationSchema for Confluent Registry

Hi Shakir,

There is no out of the box Serialization schema that uses Confluent Registry. There is an open PR[1] that tries to implement that. It is a work in progress though. Recently the issue was picked up by another contributor (Dominik) that wanted to take it over.

You may try to reuse some of the code there.

Best,

Dawid

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/6259<https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=4d8dac1c5e9dac54.4d8d8ba8-1c273ace671e5d39&u=https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/6259>

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.