Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by djb <db...@hotmail.com> on 2010/09/28 15:13:17 UTC

Camel example failure

Hi,

I downloaded Apache Camel 2.4
and typed "mvn install" for
C:\apache\apache-camel-2.4.0\examples\camel-example-cxf

and it built (though I always have to change the repository url to the maven
central repo. for some reason, the standard repo doesn't work.  same for
servicemix).

Then I went to servicemix.bat/Karaf shell,

as mentioned in the README for installing to SMX4, I ran

karaf@root> features:install camel-jetty
karaf@root> features:install camel-cxf
Then
karaf@root> features:addUrl
file:C:/apache/apache-camel-2.4.0/examples/camel-example-cxf/target/classes/features.xml
and
karaf@root> features:install camel-example-cxf

then it crashed with a long error about a zip file being closed, (unable to
exit, even with CTRL-C), and now Service mix starts up with
karaf@root> ERROR: Error starting
mvn:org.apache.activemq/activemq-core/5.3.0
(org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to resolve due to constraint
violation.)
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to resolve due to constraint
violation.
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3302)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1653)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1124)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

and doesn't respond to shutdown, and 'logout' just freezes the shell.

Just reporting the error...

Re: Camel example failure

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Current feature of camel is designed to use in Karaf, because camel
don't know which version of SMX4 it will be deployed into.

If you are using SMX4, there is an ActiveMQ feature shipped with it.
Please you use the SMX4's feature to install.

BTW, SMX4 also shipped Camel bundles, please use the same version of
example when you try to deploy it.

--
Willem