Posted to users-de@httpd.apache.org by David Rayner <Da...@gladedale.com> on 2008/06/18 11:31:26 UTC

Upgrade to Apache 2.2

All

This is my first Apache Forum email !!

I have a company-wide application using Apache 1.3.36 but now would like to upgrade to apache 2.2 so we can take advantage of the mod_deflate module. The Apache environment is hosted on a Solaris (10) UNIX server.

Given that I haven't installed apache anywhere before, I'm looking for some advice on how to install Apache 2.2

Do I upgrade from 1.3 to 2 and then to 2.2 ?...or can I move straight to 2.2
Do I delete the existing 1.3 and install 2.2 from scratch

Looking for 'detailed' advice how to achieve this

Look forward to your input

David

This e-mail is from Gladedale Holdings Ltd, registered in England with registered number 03215228. Our registered office is;
Ashley House,
Ashley Road,
Epsom,
Surrey,
KT18 5AZ.

This message is intended only for the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action or place any reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please return to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message and any attachments accompanying it from your computer immediately.

We may monitor all e-mails sent to or from this or any other office of the firm for compliance with our internal policies.

Internet e-mail is not necessarily secure. We do not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

No contractual relationship is created by this e-mail by any person or company unless specifically indicated otherwise by agreement in writing via means other than e-mail.