Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Bell <mi...@cms.hu-berlin.de> on 2007/03/07 17:36:50 UTC

Axis2 and tomcat 5.5

Hi,

I try to install axis2 on tomcat 5.5 (on a Debian box). I use JRE
1.5.0.11 and tomcat 5.5.20. I noticed on the web page that sometimes it
is necessary to copy the stax-api into the endorsed directory of tomcat.
I did this too. Nevertheless I still get an error if I copy axis2.war to
my webapps directory. I tested with 1.1.1 and the nightly snapshot. I
isolated the error to a problem with include/httpbase.jsp. I called this
page isolated from the rest an it turns out that the following line of
code returns a null pointer:

ConfigurationContext configctx = (ConfigurationContext)
context.getAttribute(AxisServlet.CONFIGURATION_CONTEXT);

configctx is not checked and so the next line crashes on the null
pointer. It looks like a standard configuration error of mine but I
don't find a solution which works for me. The full stack trace is below.

Best regards

Michael

Michael Bell                    Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin

Tel.: +49 (0)30-2093 2482       ZE Computer- und Medienservice
Fax:  +49 (0)30-2093 2704       Unter den Linden 6
michael.bell@cms.hu-berlin.de   D-10099 Berlin

X.509 CA Certificates / Wurzelzertifikate

http://ra.pki.hu-berlin.de

Re: Axis2 and tomcat 5.5

Posted by Michael Bell <mi...@cms.hu-berlin.de>.
Hi Thilina,

Thilina Gunarathne schrieb:

> Seems like our nightly build system is broken some how...

Yes, we noticed this too. All jar archives except of axis2 are missing.
Nevertheless we found out that axis2 1.1.1 war archive works for us. The
problem was a missing javaee.jar archive from Sun and a too strict
security policy of Debian's tomcat5.5 package.

Thanks for the hint that we do nothing completely senseless :)

Re: Axis2 and tomcat 5.5

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Seems like our nightly build system is broken some how...

You can checkout the axis2 svn and run a "mavan war" to create the
correct axis2.war..
See here[1] for more details..

Thanks,
Thilina