Posted to stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org by Ben Dewey <Be...@26ny.com> on 2009/09/03 18:07:45 UTC

RE: [VOTE] Move METRO from contrib to trunk

Ping Mentors/Daniel:

Sorry to pester, but it's been a week and I haven't heard anything from the mentors.  We have +9 votes to move Metro to the trunk and I would greatly appreciate some buy in before proceeding.

-Ben Dewey

Posted by Ming Jin <sk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ben,
I've tested the Metro code, and it works fine and looks good in my machine
with SQL Server.

Kent, Harold,
Do you have any comments? If not, I'll resolve the tickets as #1.

--
Ming Jin

Consultant
Thoughtworks, Inc
Mobile: +44 07503 144174(London) +86 135 2125 6300(Beijing)
Gtalk: skyairmj@gmail.com
MSN: skyairmj@hotmail.com
Blog:  http://blogjava.net/mingj
Twitter: https://twitter.com/mingjin

RE: [VOTE] Move METRO from contrib to trunk

Posted by Nick Hauenstein <ni...@quicklearn.com>.
Hello Ben,

I tested the Metro implementation of the stock trader app that is in the trunk against the dotnet implementation (immediately after getting the latest revision of both), and have included the results below. I had a failure anytime I attempted to use any "OPSSEC" service. I included the final test (.NET for all layers) as a sanity test. It looks like there is something wrong with my configuration that may allow for some failures to be disregarded (unless anyone else can verify the same results).

Client	BS		OPS		SEC?		Result
METRO		METRO		METRO		NO		PASS
METRO		METRO		METRO		YES		FAIL [1]
METRO		METRO		DOTNET	NO		PASS
METRO		METRO		DOTNET	YES		FAIL [1]
METRO		DOTNET	METRO		NO		PASS
METRO		DOTNET	METRO		YES		FAIL [2]
METRO		DOTNET	DOTNET	NO		PASS
METRO		DOTNET	DOTNET	YES		FAIL [3]
DOTNET	METRO		METRO		NO		PASS
DOTNET	METRO		METRO		YES		FAIL [4]
DOTNET	METRO		DOTNET	NO		PASS
DOTNET	METRO		DOTNET	YES		FAIL [4]
DOTNET	DOTNET	DOTNET	YES		FAIL [3]

Hope this helps in some way!

- Nick

[1] Logged in successfully. Could view portfolio and account information. Buying and selling shares sent me back to login screen, and never completed successfully. The following error was recorded in the server logs each time:

Log Level  WARNING
Logger  javax.enterprise.system.stream.err
Name-Value Pairs  _ThreadID=22;_ThreadName=DataHandler.getInputStream;_RequestID=e1507475-d159-4ebf-9ae0-01887769bb2d;
Record Number  526
Message ID  com.sun.xml.wss.impl.XWSSecurityRuntimeException
Complete Message  Unable to calculate cipher value as invalid key was provided at com.sun.xml.ws.security.opt.impl.enc.CryptoProcessor.encryptData(CryptoProcessor.java:241) at com.sun.xml.ws.security.opt.impl.enc.CryptoProcessor.encrypt(CryptoProcessor.java:126) at com.sun.xml.ws.security.opt.impl.util.CVDataHandler.writeTo(CVDataHandler.java:55) at javax.activation.ObjectDataContentHandler.writeTo(DataHandler.java:897) at javax.activation.DataHandler$1.run(DataHandler.java:279) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) Caused by: java.security.InvalidKeyException: Illegal key size or default parameters at javax.crypto.Cipher.a(DashoA13*..) at javax.crypto.Cipher.a(DashoA13*..) at javax.crypto.Cipher.a(DashoA13*..) at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(DashoA13*..) at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(DashoA13*..) at com.sun.xml.ws.security.opt.impl.enc.CryptoProcessor.initCipher(CryptoProcessor.java:102) at com.sun.xml.ws.security.opt.impl.enc.CryptoProcessor.encryptData(CryptoProcessor.java:195) ... 5 more

[2] Saw the following error with a debugger attached to the Business Service while attempting to buy stocks:
MessageSecurityException was unhandled by user code.
An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.

[3] Saw the following error with a debugger attached to the Business Service while attempting to buy stocks:
SecurityNegotiationException was unhandled by user code
Secure channel cannot be opened because security negotiation with the remote endpoint has failed. This may be due to incorrectly specified EndpointIdentity in the EndpointAddress used to create the channel. Please verify the EndpointIdentity specified or implied by the EndpointAddress correctly identifies the remote endpoint.

[4] Encountered the following error when attempting to buy stocks:

Server Error in '/trade' Application.

com.sun.xml.ws.client.ClientTransportException: The server sent HTTP status code 500: Internal Server Error

Exception Details: System.ServiceModel.FaultException: com.sun.xml.ws.client.ClientTransportException: The server sent HTTP status code 500: Internal Server Error

Source Error:

Line 422:            {
Line 423:                this.Channel = null;
Line 424:                throw;
Line 425:            }
Line 426:        }

Source File: c:\Stonehenge\stocktrader\dotnet\trader_client\BusinessServiceClient\BusinessServiceClient.cs    Line: 424

Stack Trace:

[FaultException: com.sun.xml.ws.client.ClientTransportException: The server sent HTTP status code 500: Internal Server Error]
   System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +7594687
   System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +275
   Trade.BusinessServiceContract.ITradeServices.sellEnhanced(String userID, Int32 holdingID, Double quantity) +0
   Trade.BusinessServiceClient.BusinessServiceClient.sellEnhanced(String userID, Int32 holdingID, Double quantity) in c:\Stonehenge\stocktrader\dotnet\trader_client\BusinessServiceClient\BusinessServiceClient.cs:424
   Trade.BusinessServiceClient.BSLClient.sell(String userID, Int32 holdingID, Double quantity) in c:\Stonehenge\stocktrader\dotnet\trader_client\BusinessServiceClient\BSLClient.cs:455
   Trade.Web.Order.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Stonehenge\stocktrader\dotnet\trader_client\Trade\Order.aspx.cs:85
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

RE: [VOTE] Move METRO from contrib to trunk

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: [VOTE] Move METRO from contrib to trunk

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Move METRO from contrib to trunk

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org