Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christian Schlichtherle <ch...@schlichtherle.de> on 2007/06/04 12:06:32 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.10: Wrong encoding when using html or nekohtml generator

Hi,

when parsing HTML pages via HTTP using either the html or nekohtml encoder,
it doesn't correctly decode the German diaeresis characters (äöüÄÖÜ) and
others.

If have checked the page. It doesn't specify an encoding in the header
(plain HTML - maybe 3.2), but the page is delivered with the correct
encoding in HTTP response header (UTF-8). Apparently neither the html
generator nor nekohtml do respect this setting.

I've tried to edit /WEB-INF/tidy.properties and /WEB-INF/neko.properties,
but with no success.

Is there a workaround? Any help would be very much appreciated - I must fix
this encoding.

Kind regards,
Christian Schlichtherle
--