Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/05 17:41:38 UTC

Re: Using the bin distro archive instead of the dir format distro in the itests?

Hi,

What differences do you see? AFAIK, the "dir" is just a format for the archive. The content should be exactly the same as the unzipped result of the zip/gz. Building zip/gz and then unzipping it is very time consuming.

I suggest that we fix the "dir" build if there are any problems.

Thanks,
Raymond

While fixing the distro's i noticed the dir and bin distro configs are different which made me wonder if it would be better to use the actual bin distro in the itests instead of the seperate dir format distro. We could have a seperate step in the sample itests which unzips the bin distro to a temp folder and the subsequent itests then use it. That way we'd be really testing the bin distro we want to distribute?

   ...ant

Re: Using the bin distro archive instead of the dir format distro in the itests?

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
We had an offline chat about this and are ok for now with the current itest
approach of unzipping the distribution being tested.

   ...ant