Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sh...@alcor.concordia.ca on 2004/11/03 20:17:20 UTC

disablng cookie session tracking in 5.0

Hi,

I am using Tomcat 5.0 and I am rewriting the URL's with encodeURL, but my
session listener tells me that a new session is being created with every page
request, although the user's session is persistent across page requests. The
application is running in a cross-domain frameset, so I think disabling the
cookies might solve this problem.

I heard I could disable cookies in the conext.xml

I have named the file context.xml and placed it in this folder:
D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF

with this code in the file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/" docBase="ROOT" debug="0" cookies= "false">
</Context>

Is this correct and how will I know if cookie tracking is disabled? New
sessions are still being created with every page request.

Thanks,
Steve