Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com> on 2006/07/19 16:22:54 UTC

Plugin descriptor (was Re: Doco)

El mié, 19-07-2006 a las 15:16 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >>$FORREST_HOME\whiteboard\plugins\whiteboard-plugins.xml
> >>
> >>If you do this locally, then i think you also need to use
> >>forrest.properties to point to the local descripter file instead of
> >>the website one - look in the forrest.properties for a reference to
> >>it.
> >

> > No, you just need to add it, but this is quite annoying.
> >
> > I have a plugin that I need to add now each time I want to deploy and
> > revert the whiteboard-plugins.xml afterward.
>
> "If you have a collection of local plugins you would like Forrest to use
> then you need to add the directory to this property. For example:
> project.required.plugins.src=${forrest.home}/plugins,${forrest.home}/whiteboard/plugins,/export/forrest_plugins"

Thanks Ross, but that is not working. This plugin is in the directory
(so is the lenya plugin).

The problem lies in the descriptor, if a plugin is not in the descriptor
then forrest will fail, regardless whether you keep the source in e.g.
the whiteboard or have deployed it locally.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain

Re: Plugin descriptor (was Re: Doco)

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El mié, 19-07-2006 a las 15:34 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >>"If you have a collection of local plugins you would like Forrest to use
> >>then you need to add the directory to this property. For example:
> >>project.required.plugins.src=${forrest.home}/plugins,${forrest.home}/whiteboard/plugins,/export/forrest_plugins"
> >>

> > Thanks Ross, but that is not working. This plugin is in the directory
> > (so is the lenya plugin).
> >
> > The problem lies in the descriptor, if a plugin is not in the descriptor
> > then forrest will fail, regardless whether you keep the source in e.g.
> > the whiteboard or have deployed it locally.
>
> Just create a separated descriptor file and point at it using the
> forrest.plugins.descriptors property (don't forget to add the files to
> svn:ignore)
>
> Personally I find it much better to have plugins that are not part of
> our SVN in a separate directory, but if you prefer to have them all
> together then the above should work.

Me too.

Thanks for the tip, I will try and report back.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"