Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by wenxing zheng <we...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/30 01:40:29 UTC

Query about the high availability of Zeppelin

Hello all,

I still didn't find any docs on this topic? Appreciated if anyone can shed
some lights on how to get the Zeppelin into a cluster with
shared/centralized storage

Regards, Wenxing

Re: Query about the high availability of Zeppelin

Posted by wenxing zheng <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for all for the expertise. seems it's a long way to go.

If we don't consider the HA issue, how about the performance of the
Zeppelin? Mainly I would like to get it run as a job scheduler first.

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 6:34 AM, Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the sharing, Ruslan.  This might be useful for some users'
> scenario.  And I can see 2 limitations for this approach.
>
> * Scoped mode per user would not work, since different users would route
> to different zeppelin instance. That means data can not be shared across
> users.
> * Interpreter recovery is not possible.
>
> If we want to implement HA, it would be better a full HA feature that
> could be used in all scenario. It would require a lot of work to do, and
> there's other higher priority things needs to be done first. Anyway your
> approach is still useful for some users, Thanks for your sharing again.
>

> Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>于2017年7月4日周二 上午12:41写道:
>
>> Jeff,
>>
>> Here's scenario:
>> - Zeppelin servers (ZS) are running on the same port on two servers (ZS1
>> and ZS2)
>> - Load balancer (LB) routes individual user's requests always to the same
>> one server (either ZS1 or ZS2)
>>   through sticky sessions (SS). Different end users may end up on
>> different servers though.
>>   The same one user will always go to that one ZS, chosen 1st time it
>> made a connection.
>> - If either ZS becomes unavailable, LB reroutes all user's connections to
>> one that is alive.
>>   Yes, it may mean that: (a) users will have to relogin once they failed
>> over and (b) it'll be a
>>   new interpreter processes span up once users re-open their notebooks.
>>
>> So it's possible to have this kind of Zeppelin HA without code changes in
>> Zeppelin.
>>
>> A nice extension to that would be recovery of interpreters that you're
>> talking about.
>> My undertsanding it's technically possible, for example, to reconnect to
>> existing
>> Spark driver after failover (in deply-mode=cluster) instead of creating a
>> new Spark driver .
>>
>> Great topic. Thank you!
>>

>> --
>> Ruslan Dautkhanov
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Basically Zeppelin HA require 2 major things:
>>>
>>> 1. Shared storage (storage for notebook, interpreter setting,
>>> zeppelin-site.xml, zeppelin-env.sh, shiro.ini, credentials.json)

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>.
Jeff,

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.