Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Samuel Gaspari <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/24 10:33:02 UTC

Always get the false value when calling org.apache.maven.shared.invoker.InvovationRequest.isUpdateSnapshots()

Hello,
Using the org.apache.maven.shared.invoker.InvovationRequest leads to get
always the false value, even if the "-U" or "--update-snapshots" option is
set.

        InvocationRequest request = new DefaultInvocationRequest();
        updateSnapshots = request.isUpdateSnapshots();

Posts @
http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Plugin-Development-Injection-of-component-td5747607.html
don't explain exactly if it is possible to get the value of an option, it
seems to be used to set the value of an option.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards.

Samuel Gaspari

Re: Always get the false value when calling org.apache.maven.shared.invoker.InvovationRequest.isUpdateSnapshots()

Posted by Alix Lourme <al...@gmail.com>.
Roohh ... I discover the  MavenSession usage and its capacity. I will
review all my plugins :-).
Happy to discover some powerfull things like that the weekend, just many
thanks Hervé.

> what about MavenSession.getRequest().isUpdateSnapshots()?
> with MavenSession injected, of course
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le vendredi 27 janvier 2017, 16:14:45 CET Alix Lourme a écrit :
> > Hi Samuel,
> >
> > If your substantive question is: "*How to catch the usage of
> > --update-snapshots on the Maven command line ?*", I'm not sure
> > *DefaultInvocationRequest
> > *is a way (used for maven-invoker call).
> >
> > I had to do it in the past, and I have not found convenience solution
> like
> > some others parameters (ex: *offline* option, retrieved from settings).
> >
> > A workaround could be (not work on all JRE):
> >
> > String arguments =
> >
> > > ManagementFactory.getRuntimeMXBean().getSystemProperties().get(
> > > "sun.java.command");
> >
> > boolean isUpdateSnaphots = arguments.contains("-U") ||
> arguments.contains(
> >
> > > "--update-snapshots");
> >
> > LOG.debug("isUpdateSnapshots: {}", isUpdateSnaphots);
> >

> > But perhaps that Maven core team could give a more sustainable solution
> >
> > Best regards

> > > Hello,
> > > Using the org.apache.maven.shared.invoker.InvovationRequest leads to
> get
> > > always the false value, even if the "-U" or "--update-snapshots"
> option is
> > > set.
> > >
> > >         InvocationRequest request = new DefaultInvocationRequest();
> > >         updateSnapshots = request.isUpdateSnapshots();
> > >
> > > Posts @
> > > http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Plugin-Development-> >
> Injection-of-component-td5747607.html
> > > don't explain exactly if it is possible to get the value of an option,
> it
> > > seems to be used to set the value of an option.
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot for your help.
> > >
> > > Regards.
> > >
> > > Samuel Gaspari

Alix Lourme

Re: Always get the false value when calling org.apache.maven.shared.invoker.InvovationRequest.isUpdateSnapshots()

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Alix Lourme <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Samuel,

--