Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Muhammad Momin Rashid <mo...@amaana.com> on 2005/05/21 16:23:48 UTC

Using validation from a locale different from that of user

Hello All,

Recently I faced a problem in which I needed to validate data according
to rules defined in a different locale (other than the current users).

I eventually solved the problem by overwriting the validate method (of
relevent From Beans) and changing the locale before calling
super.validate.  Once the super.validate returns, I change the locale
back to orignal one, and everything is working fine.

I am sharing this with you people for two reasons.

1.  If anyone is facing a similar problem, this is one possible solution
to get the required results.

2.  If you think that there is better alternate, then I would like you
to share your thoughts with me.

Thanks for your time,

Regards,
Muhammad Momin Rashid