Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Henry Rappaport <he...@hento.ca> on 2013/07/17 21:03:41 UTC

creating viewing HTML

I have encountered a new problem. I used to be able to save a text document as html then open it and view the html source code. When I open the supposedly saved new html document now and go to the VIEW menu, there is no "View HTML" option. Did something change when I upgraded to the newest version?

Any suggestions?

thanks

Re: creating viewing HTML

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Henry,

Henry Rappaport schrieb:
> I have encountered a new problem. I used to be able to save a text
> document as html then open it and view the html source code. When I
> open the supposedly saved new html document now and go to the VIEW
> menu, there is no "View HTML" option. Did something change when I
> upgraded to the newest version?

Make sure you open the file using the correct filter. The option "View
HTML" exists only in Writer/Web. If your file has the filename extension
.html, it should open in Writer/Web automatically.

What filename extension has your file?

Kind regards
Regina