Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John C Cartwright <Jo...@noaa.gov> on 2005/06/08 20:39:28 UTC

Tomcat admin webapp only available to localhost

Hello All,

I've installed the "admin" webapp and it works fine as long as I access
it as http://localhost:8080/admin, otherwise I get the "Tomcat's
administration web application is no longer installed by default.
Download and install the "admin" package to use it." message.

Can someone please tell me how to configure the access to allow other
hosts in addition to localhost?

I've tried setting the lists of hosts in the Valve element in the
context fragment.

Thanks!

-- john

Re: Tomcat admin webapp only available to localhost

Posted by Sastry Malladi <sm...@spikesource.com>.
John C Cartwright wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I've installed the "admin" webapp and it works fine as long as I
> access it as http://localhost:8080/admin, otherwise I get the
> "Tomcat's administration web application is no longer installed by
> default. Download and install the "admin" package to use it." message.
>
> Can someone please tell me how to configure the access to allow other
> hosts in addition to localhost?

One way to allow this is to create a symbolic link from "localhost" to
the hostname (hostname where tomcat is running)
under conf/Catalina directory.
I'm able to access the admin and manager apps from other hosts this way.

Sastry

Posted by Sastry Malladi <sm...@spikesource.com>.