Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Andres Gomez Ferrer <ag...@redborder.net> on 2014/06/20 20:41:43 UTC

trident kafka some questions ...

Hi all,

I have some questions about kafka trident spout. I use the storm kafka library that is on external module:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-storm/tree/master/external/storm-kafka

and I would like to know:

1- Is there any way to achieve high availability? Because when I am using this library with trident and my cluster of kafka restart the topology die … Can I do something to my topology doesn’t die and wait to the kafka cluster start up again???

2- Is there any way to know that worker of storm is reading particular kafka partition? For example:

Worker{IP_A} is reading Partition{1} of topic{TOPIC_A}    and
Worker{IP_B{ is reading Partition{0} of topic{TOPIC_A}

Thanks and regards!!

--
Andres Gomez Ferrer