Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/17 20:23:19 UTC

Encrypting JMX password for cassandra

Hello,

When enabling JMX Authentication
<https://docs.datastax.com/en/ddacsecurity/doc/ddacsecurity/secureJmxAuthentication.html>,
username and password are stored as plain text in jmxremote.password file.
Is there a way to encrypt the content of this file so it's not human
readable?

Re: Encrypting JMX password for cassandra

Posted by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, I looked at this post but haven't tried. let me give a try

Posted by Johnny Miller <jo...@digitalis.io>.
Jai,

wrote:

> That's correct. The instructions are in the document you already linked
> plus in the official docs[1] on the Apache website. Cheers!
>
> [1]
> https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/operating/security.html#jmx-access

addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not
immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
transmitted by this email. www.digitalis.io <http://www.digitalis.io>

Re: Encrypting JMX password for cassandra

Posted by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Erick

Can you please point me the doc for internal c* auth? Are you referring to
c* auth for jmx?

Posted by Erick Ramirez <er...@datastax.com>.