Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Motty Cruz <mo...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/03 19:30:04 UTC

upgrade CDH 5.3.1 to 5.4.1 - Event Server health issue

Hello,
Just finished upgrading CDH from 5.3.1 to 5.4.1 using

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/core/latest/topics/install_upgrade_to_cdh54_parcels.html

however Event health issues warnings " eventserver (cloudera1)
<http://cloudera1.sscs.ad:7180/cmf/services/6/instances/28/status>
Process Status, Unexpected Exits"

2015-02-24 14:18:06,012 INFO
com.cloudera.cmf.eventcatcher.server.EventCatcherService: Starting
EventCatcherService. JVM Args: [-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC,
-XX:-CMSConcurrentMTEnabled, -XX:+UseParNewGC,
-Dmgmt.log.file=mgmt-cmf-mgmt-EVENTSERVER-cloudera1.domain.ad.log.out,
-Djava.awt.headless=true, -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true, -Xms52428800,
-Xmx52428800,
-XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=/usr/lib64/cmf/service/common/killparent.sh],
Args: [], Version: 5.3.1 (#191 built by jenkins on 20150123-2020 git:
b0377087cf605a686591e659eb14078923bc3c83)

Any ideas? we're using Java 8

Thanks,
Motty

Re: upgrade CDH 5.3.1 to 5.4.1 - Event Server health issue

Posted by Motty Cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much! Terry; issues is fixed. I bumped that up Java heap
size to 512MB as well.

Thanks,
-Motty

Posted by Motty Cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.