Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/18 20:07:47 UTC

Welcome Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra as committers

The Qpid PPMC is happy to announce that Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra have
been voted in as committers in recognition of their work on the windows and
solaris ports.
The next step is to get the ICLA on file (Steve Hutson already has an ICLA
listed).
And once that is confirmed Craig (one of our mentors) will notify root to
get the accounts created and grant the commit bits.

Please join us in welcoming both Steve and Manuel into the project as
comitters.

Regards,

Qpid PPMC.

Re: Welcome Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra as committers

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 14:07 -0400, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> The Qpid PPMC is happy to announce that Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra have
> been voted in as committers in recognition of their work on the windows and
> solaris ports.
> The next step is to get the ICLA on file (Steve Hutson already has an ICLA
> listed).
> And once that is confirmed Craig (one of our mentors) will notify root to
> get the accounts created and grant the commit bits.
>
> Please join us in welcoming both Steve and Manuel into the project as
> comitters.

Welcome indeed! The porting work is a substantial contribution already,
I look forward to hearing more from these two :)

Cheers,
Alan.

Re: Welcome Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra as committers

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yes I need to appologise for the incorrect spelling of the last names.
I will ensure the correct names are sent to the mentor who will take care of
emailing root.

Rajith

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Kim van der Riet wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 14:07 -0400, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>>

>>> The Qpid PPMC is happy to announce that Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra
>>> have
>>> been voted in as committers in recognition of their work on the windows
>>> and
>>> solaris ports.
>>> The next step is to get the ICLA on file (Steve Hutson already has an
>>> ICLA
>>> listed).
>>> And once that is confirmed Craig (one of our mentors) will notify root to
>>> get the accounts created and grant the commit bits.
>>>
>>> Please join us in welcoming both Steve and Manuel into the project as
>>> comitters.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Qpid PPMC.
>>>

>> +1
>>
>> Thanks for your dedication thus far; long may it continue! ;)
>> Congratulations to you both.
>>
>> Kim
>>

> Steve, Manuel,
>
> Congratulations and welcome.  Hopefully both of your last names will be
> spelled correctly on your Apache accounts. ;-)
>
> -Ted

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: Welcome Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra as committers

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Kim van der Riet <ki...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Manuel Teira <mt...@tid.es>.
Rajith Attapattu escribió:
> The Qpid PPMC is happy to announce that Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra
> have been voted in as committers in recognition of their work on the
> windows and solaris ports.
> The next step is to get the ICLA on file (Steve Hutson already has an
> ICLA listed).
> And once that is confirmed Craig (one of our mentors) will notify root
> to get the accounts created and grant the commit bits.
Well, this is unexpected news! Unfortunately, my English is even worse
when no technical stuff is involved, so, it's hard for me to talk about
feelings.
Thanks a lot. Always a nice thing to recognice somebody's work. I am
very grateful for this.

About the ICLA, I'm going to send it as fast as possible.

And yes, a right spelling of my surname would be a nice thing (fearing
some Teirra usurper). The right spelling is "Teira".

Again, thanks.

Posted by Manuel Teira Paz <mt...@tid.es>.
Carl Trieloff escribió:
> Steve, Manuel,
>
> If you are not aware, as a committer and while we are still in incubator
> we have an open policy for
> committers to join the PPMC. If you would like to do so just mail the
> qpid-private@ list and
> request to be added. I would encourage you to so that you can be
> involved in business like voting
> others onto the project etc.
>
> Details are here: http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/getting-involved.html

Many thanks for the info, Carl.

Regards.
Manuel.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Ok, thanks.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Steve Huston wrote:
> Thanks for the info, Carl!
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what is a PPMC and what are its roles and
> responsibilities? What would be expected of me if I were part of the
> PPMC?

Steve,

It is primarily about project governance, so the traffic is a very-very
low. It is for example
the place to nominate someone for committer. Here is the description:

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Thanks for the info, Carl!

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a PPMC and what are its roles and
responsibilities? What would be expected of me if I were part of the
PPMC?

Thanks,
-Steve

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> The Qpid PPMC is happy to announce that Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra have
> been voted in as committers in recognition of their work on the windows and
> solaris ports.
> The next step is to get the ICLA on file (Steve Hutson already has an ICLA
> listed).
> And once that is confirmed Craig (one of our mentors) will notify root to
> get the accounts created and grant the commit bits.
>
> Please join us in welcoming both Steve and Manuel into the project as
> comitters.
>
> Regards,
>
> Qpid PPMC.

+1

Welcome
Carl.

Re: Welcome Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra as committers

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Craig L Russell wrote:
> No accounts have been created since I sent the requests.
>
> Craig

Craig,

I IRC'ed with asfinfo, joes2 kindly said he would try get to it later today.

Carl.

Re: Welcome Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra as committers

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

On Sep 4, 2008, at 1:40 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Craig had sent the email a while ago, and would be good if we could
> send a reminder.
> Craig could you please look into it?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajith
>
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>
> wrote:
> > Did you get your account mail from root yet?
>
> No.
> > Steve Huston wrote:
> > > Hi Rajith,
> > >
> > > Not to be impatient or anything, but what's the usual lead time
> for
> > > getting set up to be able to commit?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Steve

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Welcome Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra as committers

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

Craig had sent the email a while ago, and would be good if we could send a
reminder.
Craig could you please look into it?

Regards,

Rajith

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com> wrote:

> > Did you get your account mail from root yet?
>
> No.
> > Steve Huston wrote:
> > > Hi Rajith,
> > >
> > > Not to be impatient or anything, but what's the usual lead time
> for
> > > getting set up to be able to commit?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Steve

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

RE: Welcome Steve Hutson and Manuel Teirra as committers

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Rajith,