Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com> on 2003/11/10 03:29:15 UTC

Changing sitemap causes app to throw a null pointer exception...

Hmmm...I'm running Cocoon 2.1.2 under Tomcat 4.1.27 (latest).

When I change my sitemap (it's a sub-sitemap actually, that is mounted by the
main sitemap), when next I access a page in the app, I get a null pointer
error.  Shutting down Tomcat and restarting fixes this.

Any ideas what might cause this strange behaviour?  Anyone ever seen this
before?

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com

Re: Changing sitemap causes app to throw a null pointer exception...

Posted by Bruce Perryman <bp...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I submitted this about 2 weeks ago and no one
responded.

For me, it turned out that in my main sitemap my mount
of my sub-sitemap was not being executed. It was
commented out accidentally. Why the sub-sitemap loaded
the first time, I'm still not sure. But when my
sub-sitemap was properly mounted, any changes were
reloaded without restarting Tomcat.

Verify that your sub-sitemap is properly mounted in
your main sitemap and that the check-reload flag is
set to "yes".

I hope that this helps.

BTW, I'm using Cocoon 2.1.2-dev and Tomcat
4.1.24-LE-jdk1.4.

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

RE: Changing sitemap causes app to throw a null pointer exception...

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:

> Hmmm...I'm running Cocoon 2.1.2 under Tomcat 4.1.27 (latest).
>
> When I change my sitemap (it's a sub-sitemap actually, that is
> mounted by the
> main sitemap), when next I access a page in the app, I get a null pointer
> error.  Shutting down Tomcat and restarting fixes this.
>
> Any ideas what might cause this strange behaviour?  Anyone ever seen this
> before?

This is a known error which comes of from time to time :)
We have a workaround for it in the CVS which should avoid this NPE.

HTH
Carsten

Re: Changing sitemap causes app to throw a null pointer exception...

Posted by Bruce Perryman <bp...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,