Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Avik Sengupta <av...@apache.org> on 2003/04/12 11:35:29 UTC

TestSBCSOnDefaultEncoding

I know there was a lot of discussion on this, but what is the verdict? Evn on my
JDk 1.4.0 on Linux, sun.io.Converters does not have the
resetDefaultEncodingName() method. This is also i suppose the reason why poi is
failing on GUMP??

Since the compile-test target fails, ANT dependency check therefore fail to run
any tests for me. I am currently running tests individually.. the only option
for me now to run all tests is to delete the file from my local machine, but
it'll come back every time i cvs up.

So , basically, i am asking, any smarter way of doing this?

Re: TestSBCSOnDefaultEncoding

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@apache.org>.
On my machine

[avik@localhost jakarta-poi]$ javap sun.io.Converters
Compiled from Converters.java
public class sun.io.Converters extends java.lang.Object {
    public static final int BYTE_TO_CHAR;
    public static final int CHAR_TO_BYTE;
    static java.lang.Class class$sun$io$Converters;
    public static java.lang.String getDefaultEncodingName();
    static java.lang.Object newConverter(int, java.lang.String) throws
java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException;
    static java.lang.Object newDefaultConverter(int);
    static java.lang.Class class$(java.lang.String);
    static {};
}