Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Steve Fatula <st...@neobits.com> on 2010/07/24 00:23:02 UTC

When is the cache cleared if expired entries?

I don't see where the doc says, at least any I can locate. I know I can clear it from the webtools page. Will it clear automagically, and if so, based on what?

I am looking at our sites cache maintenance page, and, seeing lots of entries that have expired from yesterday. So, the cache has not cleared by ofbiz automagically at least.

And what does "SR" mean in the heading of this page, right after EXP which I am presuming means expired?

What does removes:H/M refer to?

Steve

Re: When is the cache cleared if expired entries?

Posted by Steve Fatula <st...@neobits.com>.
On Jul 26, 2010, at 2:01 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Did you read the https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide?
> Did you have a look into cache.properties?
>
> Jacques

Of course, and it does not answer my question. As mentioned in my post, they are not going away after the expire time. So, I presume they go away under some other condition as well perhaps, not sure, which is why I am asking.

Or, I could be reading the heading wrong on the webtools cache page, I can find no definition of the meanings of those headings. I am guessing that EXP means number of entires not cleared but expired for example, if that is what it means, I have hundreds of thousands of expired entries. Or, it could mean the # is had cleared, not sure.

I doubt it though, since items have a cache expiration of 3,600,000 (which I presume means an hour), and, I see entries from yesterday if I go to the Edit page. Meaning, they are not cleared.

Re: When is the cache cleared if expired entries?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Steve Fatula" <st...@neobits.com>

Posted by Steve Fatula <st...@neobits.com>.