Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by to...@jeromio.com on 2001/07/13 20:45:57 UTC

java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation?

Okay, I gave up on my tomcat installation. I wiped
everything clean and then got all the source in the
hopes that it might work better if I compiled
vs. dropping binaries.

So, there are many confusing aspects of the
installation instructions regarding building the
source. Seems like maybe the docs don't match up with
the behavior of the current releases?

Anyway, I plodded thru, I think I got everything
straight. BUT, when I run startup.sh, I get the
following:

java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation

I followed the install instructions that came with the
JSSE from Sun. Have no idea what this error means.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

 - Jeremy

Re: java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation?

Posted by Adam Fowler <af...@aber.ac.uk>.
Hi,

Oh dear. TOMCAT IS A JAVA APPLICATION!!!

The only time you should need to recompile it is if you want to use JSSE (For
SSL)

You might want to recompile mod_jk or the like, but thats completely
different.

You may be getting an error as you do not have the correct privileges to
execute the commands in the script. (If it needs to access something from the
JDK in Security)

Why didn't tomcat work the first time??? Its all very well complaining about
it but if you don't give precise details about OS/Tomcat/JDK versions and
what happened then we can't help.

Post exact details and I'll take a look.

Adam.

----
Adam Fowler
Help Desk Live Project
Information Services
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Web guy+author on the TomcatBook Project
http://tomcatbook.sourceforge.net
e-mail: adamfowler@chillin.co.uk
----

Posted by Dan - Blue Lotus Software <da...@bluelotussoftware.com>.
I had the same problem...with the nightly build.  The milestone build was
fine, however.  No changes in code.  I'd recommend going with m5 until this
is fixed (Craig?).

-dan