Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com> on 2007/08/07 00:01:10 UTC

GIS anyone?

I have gotten quite involved with GIS lately and just wanted to ping the
lists to see if there was any interest out there.

I have been writing an WFS server interface for OFBiz and a GeoRSS service.
The WFS server will allow you to use open source software, such as
MapBuilder, to overlay points of interest icons on top of base GIS layers
such as ones that you get from Google, Yahoo or Microsoft (or build up on
your own).
GeoRSS allows you to use Google, Yahoo or Microsoft's api to overlay a poi
icon on their maps.

There is a nice java-based GIS server, Geoserver, that runs nicely as a
webapp next to OFBiz apps.

In my mind, GIS is sort of like Content Management - it will become a bigger
part of websites in the future.

-Al

Re: GIS anyone?

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
That's really cool stuff Al. I'm not aware of any other efforts based on this, so yeah, if anyone is working on this kind of stuff please do share!

-David

Re: GIS anyone?

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.