Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nikos Batalas <am...@yahoo.gr> on 2004/08/03 03:33:51 UTC

Using xml, xml db and tapestry.

Hi everyone, I wish to ask your advice on the following subject.

I am developing a virtual museum on the web as a university project. The
museum has a catalogue of objects
that need to be browsable and searchable, by name, author, category and so
on.

I am thinking about using xml to describe those objects and an xml-native
database
(berkeley xml db for now) for storing. I find the diversity of content
that this setup
allows for storing appealing, especially for creating on-line exhibitions,
that refer
to real-life ones and are very diverse from each other.

So using xml, it seems natural from what I've seen on the web, to go with
java and tomcat.

I would very much like to hear your opinions about these choices, and any
kind of advice
or comments you would have to offer.

Thanks for your time,

Nikos