Posted to announce@apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@apache.org> on 2019/12/11 22:12:30 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons Pool 2.8.0

The Apache Commons Pool team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Commons Pool 2.8.0.

Apache Commons Pool provides an object-pooling API and a number of object
pool implementations.
Version 2 contains a completely re-written pooling implementation compared
to the 1.x series.
In addition to performance and scalability improvements, version 2 includes
robust instance
tracking and pool monitoring. Version 2 requires JDK level 1.6 or above.

No client code changes are required to migrate from versions 2.0-2.3 to
version 2.4.3.
Users of version 1.x should consult the migration guide on the Commons Pool
web site.

NOTE: The MBean interfaces (DefaultPooledObjectInfoMBean,
GenericKeyedObjectPoolMXBean
      and GenericKeyedObjectPoolMXBean) exist only to define the attributes
and methods
      that will be made available via JMX. They must not be implemented by
clients as
      they are subject to change between major, minor and patch version
releases of
      Commons Pool. Clients that implement any of these interfaces may not,
therefore,
      be able to upgrade to a new minor or patch release without requiring
code
      changes.

This is a maintenance release (Java 8).

Changes in version 2.8.0 include:

New features:
o POOL-378:  Deprecate PoolUtils.prefill(ObjectPool, int) in favor of
ObjectPool.addObjects(int). Thanks to Gary Gregory.
o POOL-379:  Deprecate PoolUtils.prefill(KeyedObjectPool, K, int) in favor
of KeyedObjectPool.addObjects(K, int). Thanks to Gary Gregory.
o POOL-380:  Deprecate PoolUtils.prefill(KeyedObjectPool, Collection, int)
in favor of KeyedObjectPool.addObjects(Collection, int). Thanks to Gary
Gregory.

Fixed Bugs:
o POOL-374:
 org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericKeyedObjectPool.returnObject(K, T)
should throw IllegalStateException instead of NullPointerException when a
key is not found in the pool map. Thanks to Gary Gregory, Phil Steitz.
o POOL-376:  Fixed regression from original fix for POOL-356 which could
result in NPE when destroying objects. Thanks to Sazzadul Hoque, Phil
Steitz.
o POOL-326:  Eliminated NPE / ISE exceptions due to keyed pools being
prematurely removed. Thanks to Phil Steitz.
o            Close BufferedOutputStream in test before calling toString on
underlying BufferedOutputStream #26. Thanks to emopers.
o            [Javadoc] Add missing @throws comment in
SoftReferenceObjectPool. #28. Thanks to Prodigysov.

Changes:
o POOL-375:  Update optional library cglib from 3.2.12 to 3.3.0. Thanks to
Gary Gregory.
o            Update site build from Apache Commons BCEL 6.3.1 to 6.4.1.
Thanks to Gary Gregory.
o POOL-377:  Update optional library org.ow2.asm:asm-util from 7.1 to 7.2.
Thanks to Gary Gregory.

For complete information on Apache Commons Pool, including instructions on
how to submit bug reports,
patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache Apache Commons Pool
website:

https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-pool/

Download page:
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-pool/download_pool.cgi

Have fun,
Gary

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons Pool 2.8.0

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 7:41 PM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 at 23:51, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sebb,
> >
> > I fixed the sha256 files.
> >

> Thanks, however I mean the the hash *links* are broken.
> They point to non-existent SHA512 files...

Gotcha. I added SHA-512 files and deleted the old SHA-256 versions.

Gary

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Sebb,