Posted to users@camel.apache.org by nojonojo <n0...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/12 23:16:37 UTC

Camel performance and scalability

Sorry for the vague question, but what sort of performance and scalability
have people seen with Camel?  I haven't been able to find any benchmarks
comparing Camel to any of the competition (or seen any numbers about
overhead that Camel adds to coding an application with hard-coded "routes").

Re: Camel performance and scalability

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2009/1/13 nojonojo <n0...@yahoo.com>:

> Thansk - I'll try to be a bit more specific.  What are the
> performance/scalability implications of using Camel going to be in the
> following (simple) scenario:
>
> Receiving REST requests (with some component like the Restlet or CXF one),
> passing the data pretty much unchanged to and from two different data
> sources (about the only transformation would be that the data is split -
> some of the fields live in one data source, some in the other).
>
> versus using something like Restlets or CXF standalone?

Should be pretty minimal I'd say. If in doubt, write a quick prototype
using both approaches and test them?

--
James
-------