Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by CH...@fleet.com on 2002/05/07 21:15:45 UTC

Cannot use absolute path as in parameter on Solaris

Hello,
I'm sure someone has encountered this before:
I'm using the following command line on Sun Solaris:
java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN /myRoot/foo.xml -XSL /myRoot/foo.xsl
-OUT out.htm

The error indicates that it cannot find the -IN file???
It works if I use a relative path but not an absolute path as indicated
above.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Re: Cannot use absolute path as in parameter on Solaris

Posted by Tom Amiro <To...@Sun.COM>.
CHRISTOPHER_H_SHAW@fleet.com wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm sure someone has encountered this before:
> I'm using the following command line on Sun Solaris:
> java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN /myRoot/foo.xml -XSL /myRoot/foo.xsl
> -OUT out.htm
>
> The error indicates that it cannot find the -IN file???
> It works if I use a relative path but not an absolute path as indicated
> above.
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Chris

Very strange. I just tied it with the current CVS build as follows and it worked fine.

java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process
-IN /net/bigblock/files18/tamiro/xml-xalan-trunk/test/tests/conf/match/match29.xml
-XSL /net/bigblock/files18/tamiro/xml-xalan-trunk/test/tests/conf/match/match29.xsl
-OUT junk

 glrr 220 =>cat junk
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<out>
<foundX level="4"/><foundX level="6"/>
<found-X level="4"/><found-X level="6"/></out>

--
 Tom Amiro -- SQA Engineer
 Sun XML Technology Development