Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2013/03/10 01:31:55 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache Bloodhound from Incubator

Hi,

Following the community graduation vote result announcement on the
bloodhound-dev@i.a.o mailing list [1] and the conclusion of the podling
name search [2], I would like to invite Apache Incubator to vote on
recommending Apache Bloodhound for graduation.

Please vote:
[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Bloodhound podling from Apache Incubator
[ ] +0 Indifferent to the graduation status of Apache Bloodhound podling
[ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache Bloodhound podling from Apache
Incubator because ...

The vote will run for at least 72 hours. The proposed graduation
resolution is below.

Cheers,
Gary

[1] http://markmail.org/message/k6q7l4gvdtuhu6z2
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-22

---
X. Establish the Apache Bloodhound Project

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
the public, related to a software development collaboration
tool, including issue tracking, wiki and repository browsing.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Bloodhound Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Bloodhound Project be and hereby is
related to a software development collaboration tool, including
issue tracking, wiki and repository browsing; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Bloodhound" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Bloodhound Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Bloodhound Project; and be it further

Apache Bloodhound Project:

* Mat Booth <mb...@apache.org>
* Matevž Bradač <ma...@apache.org>
* John Chambers <ch...@apache.org>
* Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>
* Joachim Dreimann <jd...@apache.org>
* Andrej Golcov <an...@apache.org>
* Peter Koželj <pe...@apache.org>
* Gary Martin <gj...@apache.org>
* Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>
* Ryan Ollos <rj...@apache.org>
* Mark Poole <mp...@apache.org>
* Greg Stein <gs...@apache.org>
* Hyrum K. Wright <hw...@apache.org>
* Jure Žitnik <ju...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Gary Martin
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Bloodhound, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Bloodhound PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Bloodhound Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Bloodhound Project be and hereby
Incubator Bloodhound podling; and be it further

Incubator Bloodhound podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Bloodhound from Incubator

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
Yup. In the JIRA issue, linked in the original message.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 11.03.2013 05:04, Kalle Korhonen wrote:
> Was the potential trademark conflict discussed somewhere? See
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201212.mbox/%3C50CA29AD.6000902@apache.org%3E-
> if so, just linking to the discussion is fine.

It was discussed on trademarks@; the thread starts with
201302.mbox/<51...@wandisco.com>

That thread overlaps another in bloodhound-private@, which starts with
201302.mbox/<51...@wandisco.com>

Both messages are from Gary. Note that I'm not going to post links to
the private archives, I'm sure these breadcrumbs and
mail-search.apache.org will help you find the discussions.

-- Brane

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Bloodhound from Incubator

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jd...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jd...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jure Zitnik <ju...@digiverse.si>.
+1 (non-binding)

Cheers,
Jure

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

[ X  ] +1 Graduate Apache Bloodhound podling from Apache Incubator

(binding)

Gav...

Posted by Matevž Bradač <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
matevz

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.
On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>wrote:

> [...]
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Bloodhound PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache Bloodhound Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Bloodhound Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator Bloodhound podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator Bloodhound podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.

[x] +1 Graduate Apache Bloodhound podling from Apache Incubator

(Non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Bloodhound from Incubator

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

[RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Apache Bloodhound from Incubator

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
We appear to be beyond the 72 hours now and the following votes have
been cast:

+1 Branko Čibej (binding)
+1 Chris Mattmann (binding)
+1 Greg Stein (binding)
+1 Joachim Dreimann
+1 Ryan Ollos
+1 Jure Zitnik
+1 Matevž Bradač
+1 Gavin McDonald (binding)

With 8 +1s, four of which are binding, and no other votes cast, the vote
has passed.

I will shortly email the proposed resolution to the board asking for
inclusion at the next board meeting.

Many thanks,
    Gary

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Jure Zitnik <ju...@digiverse.si>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 from me (binding). Great job and good luck!

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.