Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Git at Apache <gi...@git.apache.org> on 2012/06/16 01:42:45 UTC

thrift pull request: JIRA THRIFT-1629

GitHub user techwhizbang opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/23

    JIRA THRIFT-1629

    upon configuring, making, and installing Thrift locally I encountered problems with Mongrel since it was included as a development dependency and I was using Ruby 1.9.

    This commit deletes Mongrel as a development dependency and re-implements a Ruby HTTP Rack based implementation of a Thrift server that is both Ruby 1.8 and 1.9 compatible.

    $ git pull https://github.com/techwhizbang/thrift trunk

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/23.patch

----
commit d2017d3145ada60208a0d4973fe72d413ca1667b
Author: Nick Zalabak <ni...@bookrenter.com>
Date:   2012-06-14T18:00:55-07:00

    added a Ruby based HTTP server that is
    compatible with Ruby 1.9

    deleting the old HTTP server that was based on
    Mongrel because of Ruby 1.9 incompatibility

    updating the thrift.gemspec with new
    the development dependencies

commit da05d3f2909bc9de41c6ecc8cd108ab2ee92aef9
Author: Nick Zalabak <ni...@bookrenter.com>
Date:   2012-06-15T16:39:45-07:00

    finished full implementation of a thin web server
    implementation for a thrift server

    completed unit tests for thin based thrift server

    added the rack-test gem to the gemspec

----