Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> on 2017/03/01 20:30:01 UTC

Re: [Release Test - No Vote] Accumulo 1.7.3-rc0

I completed a successful 1 day run of CI+verification w/o agitation on
EC2 using Muchos using the staged ninary tar.

When the table got to 1K tablets, ingest slowed down a good bit.  I
made the following config changes suggested in this post[1] and things
sped back up.

  config -s table.durability=flush
  config -t accumulo.metadata -d table.durability
  config -t accumulo.root -d table.durability

Cluster info :

 1 leader m3.xlarge
 8 workers d2.xlarge
 Centos 7
 Hadoop 2.7.3
 Zookeeper 3.4.9
 open jdk 1.8 from Centos yum repo

Verification output
  REFERENCED=36410538934
  UNREFERENCED=7190163

Now I am going to start a run with agitation.

[1]: http://accumulo.apache.org/blog/2016/11/02/durability-performance.html

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
I completed a successful 24hr CI run with agitation.  Same env as the last test.

        org.apache.accumulo.test.continuous.ContinuousVerify$Counts
                REFERENCED=26528923694
                UNREFERENCED=7165754

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.
Signatures checked out.  Ran 'mvn verify -Psunny' successfully on my mac
with Java 1.7 in 43 min.  Looks good Ed.

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.