Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Aaron Kimball <ak...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/19 04:23:51 UTC

April SFHUG recap, May SFHUG meetup announcement

Hello Hadoop fans,

This last week we had a very successful meetup of the SF Hadoop User Group,
hosted by Twitter.
Breakout topics included:
* Log analysis
* Cluster resource management
* FlumeBase
* Reusable MapReduce scripts
* Languages for MapReduce programming
* Hadoop Roadmap
* Oozie Best Practices
* HBase how-to
* NameNode SPOF best practices
* Dirty Data

Notes for some of these breakout sessions are posted on the meetup group's
message board at: http://bit.ly/hIpU7G

I am also pleased to announce that the May Hadoop meetup will be held on
Wednesday, May 11, from 6pm to 8pm.

This meetup will be hosted by our friends at Cloudera, in their new SF
office.

As usual, we will use the discussion-based "unconference" format. At the
beginning of the meetup we will collaboratively construct an agenda
consisting of several discussion breakout groups. All participants may
propose a topic and volunteer to facilitate a discussion. All Hadoop-related
topics are encouraged, and all members of the Hadoop community are welcome.

Event schedule:

6pm - Welcome
6:30pm - Introductions; start creating agenda
Breakout sessions begin as soon as we're ready
8pm - Conclusion

Food and refreshments will be provided, courtesy of Cloudera. Please RSVP
at http://bit.ly/hwMCI2

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Regards,
- Aaron Kimball