Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Phillip Qin <Ph...@shareowner.com> on 2003/09/18 21:38:47 UTC

init servlet loaded twice

I was looking at my webapp log this afternoon. I use tomcat + log4j +
struts. In the log, I found that my InitServlet was loaded twice. One under
Thread-xxx, the other under HostConfig[localhost]. Could any body please
explain?

PQ

Re: init servlet loaded twice

Posted by Chris Rolfe <sp...@telus.net>.
I've noticed that load-on-startup also causes an extra instances of jsps.

I came across another thread on multiple inits (Sun forum?). The gist was
that it's legitimate for the container to instantiate several of your class.
Makes sense if you think about it. It's a "class" after all.

Chris

Posted by Chris Rolfe <sp...@telus.net>.