Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alex Chen <al...@sbcglobal.net> on 2004/05/27 05:05:40 UTC

Re: Typemapping from DataHandler

I have similar problem Eric saw.  When I use the Java2WSDL to generate
the wsdl file from the
EchoAttachmenetService class in the sample code, I did get the wsdl
file.  But I also got the following
warning:

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o attachment.wsdl
-l"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/Attachement" -n
"urn:Attachement" -p"samples.attachements" "urn:Attachement"
samples.attachments.EchoAttachementService

- The class java.lang.Exception is defined in a java or javax package
and cannot be converted into an xml schema type.  An xml schema anyType
will be used to define this class in the wsdl file.

This was probably not a critical error because the file was still generated.

After that, when I used the tool from XMLSpy to read the wsdl file,  I
got the error from XMLSpy:

Message part 'echoReturn' (in Message echoResponse) - parameter
DataHandler not defined.

In the wsdl there is namespace of aparchesoap:
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"

and then DataHandler is defined in this namespace

    <wsdl:message name="echoResponse">
        <wsdl:part name="echoReturn" type="apachesoap:DataHandler"/>
    </wsdl:message>

I assume internally the Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java knows about this
specific name space
But how can an external XML tool know what kind of definition this
DataHandler is unless we have the definiton
of that element?

Is that definition available anywhere?

Thanks.