Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Harris <ry...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/30 21:43:51 UTC

Does SOLR-587 (Use Lucene's deleteByQuery) Mean that DUH2's DeleteByQuery Is Now Fast?

The wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages) explains that
"delete by id is much more efficient than delete by query". Does this
patch mean this is no longer true? That is, is delete by query now
basically as fast as delete by ID? If not, is there at least an
amazing speedup for delete by query? If delete by query is indeed
faster now, I'll make a (1.3-tagged) note of it on the wiki.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Does SOLR-587 (Use Lucene's deleteByQuery) Mean that DUH2's DeleteByQuery Is Now Fast?

Posted by Chris Harris <ry...@gmail.com>.
I think it would be cool if someone could mention this in the change
log for 1.3, since I think it's great news and I would have to have
missed it. (I don't see it in the log right now.)

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.