Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Matt Roberts <mr...@melcoe.mq.edu.au> on 2007/07/18 07:43:58 UTC

help deciphering error message

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can help decpher this error message

      [java] client.PeoplePickerStub@1ca318a
      [java] client.PeoplePickerStub$SearchParam@5483cd
      [java] RemoteExp in main
      [java] org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Operation Not found EPR is
http://yl1.mams.org.au:8080/axis2/services/PeoplePicker and WSA Action =
  null
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:271)

I am trying to write a client for this "PeoplePicker" web service and I
just keep getting this error - no matter what I try.

I am
1) getting the wsld
2) creating stubs with wsdl2java
3) running the test that wsdl2java creates (with a few additions to get
past the null assertion errors :))

anyone have any idea what is going on?

matt

Re: help deciphering error message

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Problem seems to be that Axis2 could not find the destined operation
for your message using the data available in the message.. If your
WSDL (or is it generated by Axis2) is correct then WSDL2Java should
generate enough information for the operation dispatch... What's the
Axis2 version are you trying.. Try with the latest and see whether the
problem exists..

Adding a SOAPAction to the outgoing message might also solve the
problem. You can find the action in the binding part of the WSDL..

eg: <soap:operation soapAction="urn:getStats" style="document"/>

   Options options  = stub._getServiceClient().getOptions();
   options.setAction("urn:getStats");

thanks,
Thilina

On 7/18/07, Matt Roberts <mr...@melcoe.mq.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering if anyone can help decpher this error message
>
>       [java] client.PeoplePickerStub@1ca318a
>       [java] client.PeoplePickerStub$SearchParam@5483cd
>       [java] RemoteExp in main
>       [java] org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Operation Not found EPR is
> http://yl1.mams.org.au:8080/axis2/services/PeoplePicker and WSA Action =
>   null
>       [java]     at
> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:271)
>
> I am trying to write a client for this "PeoplePicker" web service and I
> just keep getting this error - no matter what I try.
>
> I am
> 1) getting the wsld
> 2) creating stubs with wsdl2java
> 3) running the test that wsdl2java creates (with a few additions to get
> past the null assertion errors :))
>
> anyone have any idea what is going on?
>
> matt

Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com

Re: RE help deciphering error message

Posted by p....@almerys.com.
Axis2 resolves the EPR using different dispatcher. You should read this
tutorial to better understand what is going on:
http://wso2.org/library/176
wsa:Action tag is required only if you are using WSAddressing. I think
that the tag must correspond to an operation defined in the wsdl of your
webservice.
I'm using my own URIBasedDispatcher to find the service and operation, I'm
not using wsAddressing.

Matt Roberts <mr...@melcoe.mq.edu.au>
19/07/2007 01:32
Veuillez répondre à
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Objet
Re: RE help deciphering error message

Hi,

So, I understand that there is a missing <wsa:Action> tag in the ws
addressing thing.  What I don't understand is how to fix this when I am
using wsdl2java to generate stubs and access the service.

Actually, I don't understand where this ws-addressing thing comes from
or goes either, but that is another question :)

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Matt Roberts <mr...@melcoe.mq.edu.au>.
Hi,