Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Imants Firsts <im...@inbox.lv> on 2009/05/06 21:45:19 UTC

T5.1 AppEngine progress

Has anyone made this to work?

I tried repackaging Stax and Woodstox so that they don't use javax.xml.stream package. The quickstart application works in the eclipse, it fails with the NoClassDefFoundError in the Loop component in the local AppEngine environment like people already have posted here. When deployed on cloud, it fails, but nothing gets written in the log, strangely when I deployed it with some errors in the modified Woodstox code, it at least logged the exceptions, once I fixed those problems, logging disappeared.

I did some more hacking and replaced Woodstox implementation with the Stax reference implementation (the reference implementation is missing some needed features, but I did it just for the troubleshooting) Now logs are working again.

Quickstart applicaton still works locally, but when deployed I now get the following problem when tapestry tries to bind prop expressions from PropertyConduitSourceImpl.
java.lang.VerifyError: stack size too large in the mDECIMAL method in the generated lexer class (sorry, can't post the exact stacktrace at the moment). Any ideas what could be causing this?

Finally I created a simple page without template which renders some output from beginRender() method. This works fine and page is actually displayed.

Best Regards,
Imants