Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2018/11/24 07:01:10 UTC

[LDAP API] encoding refactoring status

Hi guys,

I'm still waiting for my new computer, nd I have definitively lost the
changes I was working last month. So I'm currently rewriting them, but this
time I'm carefully committing them step by step ;-)

I'm done with the basic LDAP request operation enciding rewrite, exept for
controls, extende doperation and intermediate operation. I have found
better way to process th encoding, which prove you should always think more
than once when writing code :-)

In the procss, I've found bugs in the filter decoder (a bad transition was
allowed). The impact is minimalistic, as it impacts extensible match
filters, which I believe noone has ever used ;-)

I'll continue with the responses, and once all the extended operations,
intermediate responses and controls encoder will be done, I'll switch to
this encoder for the API (currently, I'm only using it in tests).

That is the first step, then I'll remove the Decorator (again). A couple of
weeks to go, I guess...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [LDAP API] encoding refactoring status

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Update : I'm done with all the basic request and response reverse encoding
implementation.

Moving forward with controls first, then will work on extended operations.

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 8:01 AM Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm still waiting for my new computer, nd I have definitively lost the
> changes I was working last month. So I'm currently rewriting them, but this
> time I'm carefully committing them step by step ;-)
>
> I'm done with the basic LDAP request operation enciding rewrite, exept for
> controls, extende doperation and intermediate operation. I have found
> better way to process th encoding, which prove you should always think more
> than once when writing code :-)
>
> In the procss, I've found bugs in the filter decoder (a bad transition was
> allowed). The impact is minimalistic, as it impacts extensible match
> filters, which I believe noone has ever used ;-)
>
> I'll continue with the responses, and once all the extended operations,
> intermediate responses and controls encoder will be done, I'll switch to
> this encoder for the API (currently, I'm only using it in tests).
>
> That is the first step, then I'll remove the Decorator (again). A couple
> of weeks to go, I guess...
>
> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,