Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by cyberGn0m <cy...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/01 16:26:33 UTC

Maven release perform vs settings.servers.passwords

Hi

I have my own custom plugin that runs on deploy phase. I have server
configuration in settings.xml file with clear text password specified. In
the plugin I am using settings.getServer(serverId)?.getPassword(). It works
perfect except maven-release-plugin:perform stage on checked out project.
Due to some reason during release:perform stage password from getPassword
appears to be encrypted. I have no any password encryption configuration so
I wondering how could it be encrypted and why it is not during usual run.

I also tried to inject SecDispatcher to decrypt password if it encrypted
but no luck: it fails because there is no settings-secutiy.xml file so I
simply don't understand why it becomes encrypted and how can I get it in
the plugin?

Kind regards
Sergey Mashkov