Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alice Mello Cavallo <me...@media.mit.edu> on 2004/03/18 08:17:28 UTC

Saving SVG image on a external file

>Hi all,

I am just starting using SVG and Java. I was able to stream the drawing as
a SVG to system.out just using the example from the batik kit site, but how
do I save it into a "xxx.svg" file?
Thanks to all,
Alice

Alice Cristina Mello Cavallo
Interdisciplinary PhD Candidate at Tufts University
Learning, Technology and Drama
http://www.media.mit.edu/~mello/

Re: Saving SVG image on a external file

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Alice Mello Cavallo wrote:

> I am just starting using SVG and Java. I was able to stream the drawing
> as a SVG to system.out just using the example from the batik kit site,
> but how do I save it into a "xxx.svg" file?

Hi Alice,

    Take a look at 'java.io.FileOutputStream' this will let
you construct an output stream that writes to a file.