Posted to user@impala.apache.org by Henry Robinson <he...@apache.org> on 2016/08/18 00:52:45 UTC

New Impala committer: Jim Apple

Hi all -

On behalf of the Apache Impala (incubating) PMC, I'm very pleased to
announce that we've voted to invite Jim Apple as a committer to the
project, and he's accepted.

This is a big deal for two reasons. First, it's just great to have Jim
onboard - he's been driving the entire process to move Impala away from
Cloudera-specific development to an ASF-supported model, while at the same
time spending a great deal of time with members of our nascent community on
code reviews and so on.

Second, Jim's the first committer we've added since we entered the
Incubator! It's a good sign of project health, and shows that we're getting
our feet under us a little bit as we're able to execute these Apache
processes successfully.

Congratulations Jim, and welcome onboard -

Henry (and the PMC)

Re: New Impala committer: Jim Apple

Posted by Harrison Sheinblatt <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Congrats Jim!