Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2006/07/24 22:21:02 UTC

Re: DOM and OM

>> OMElement om;
>> Element dom = DOMWrapper.getDOMElement(om);
>
> Its nearly the same thing .. you call the DOOM builder giving the pull
> parser from the OM. Just a slight diff in API; result is a DOM element
> (which happens to be an OMElement too but you may not care about that).

The problem is that if you've already built the OM, the pull parser is
essentially deconstructing the build objects into XMLStreamReader
events, which are then used to build (yet another) in-memory model.
Right?  That seems a) slow, and b) expensive.

I'll go check the archives for some of that discussion - I'm curious as
to what the issues with just delegating were.

--Glen