Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/03/11 17:00:32 UTC

[ACS41][QA] Bug fixing sprint?

Hi all,

Last week, Sebastian raised the question of doing a bug sprint for 4.1.
I'd like to see what people think about doing something like a 1 day
sprint on Tuesday of next week.

I have a couple of concerns about doing this, which I'll explain below.
I'm not sure what the right answer is to addressing these concerns, but
we need to at least be aware of them:

1 - We will need to be very careful about 4.1 branch stability,
especially build and unit test stability.  Master has been having a
rough time of it, and we don't have tooling in place to ensure that
commits are good before they go into the repo yet.

2 - Generally, I prefer to keep code "churn" to a minimum for release
branches (i.e.: reduced number of commits in the branch), specifically
so that risk of regressions and / or new bugs being introduced is
limited.

However, the positive side of doing something like this would be to help
knock down our total bug count from it's rather high number.

We currently have a pretty high bug count for 4.1 (certainly not release
quality yet):

8 Blocker
24 Critical
48 Major
23 Minor
1 Trivial

Any thoughts?

RE: [ACS41][QA] Bug fixing sprint?

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
+1 Given that we have 35 critical and blockers it makes sense to aggressively close the defects by this week to meet the 3/22 RC date. I see all the 35 issues are assigned so if folks attend to their issues at priority we should get in better shape

Animesh