Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gerard Flanagan <pr...@outlook.com> on 2013/02/16 22:26:43 UTC

Buildout dev environment

Hi
There is an alternative buildout-based development setup here:
    https://github.com/podados/bloodhound-instance-basis
It's not incompatible with virtualenv, but doesn't require it. Instructions in the README. This is from a Trac and Bloodhound newb so YMMV.
Regards
GMF

RE: Buildout dev environment

Posted by Gerard Flanagan <pr...@outlook.com>.

> What about creating a second Apache™ Bloodhound instance (i.e environment) ?

You would more or less repeat the process in another directory and change the relevant parameters in the buildout.cfg file - project name, database name etc. - before running ./bin/buildout. A common environments directory ought to be possible. (The actual instance package name need not be changed from 'bhinstance' just the directory in which 'bhinstance' is found - if file paths are correct in buildout.cfg then buildout will do the relevant sys.path setup such that the correct 'bhinstance' is imported).
For running multiple instances behind a web server, I would use uwsgi router/subscription server so that you can add or remove instances without needing to stop/restart the frontend.

Posted by Gerard Flanagan <ge...@outlook.com>.
Thanks

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 2/16/13, Gerard Flanagan <pr...@outlook.com> wrote:
> Hi

:)

> There is an alternative buildout-based development setup here:
>     https://github.com/podados/bloodhound-instance-basis

This kind of news will always be welcome .
:)

> It's not incompatible with virtualenv, but doesn't require it. Instructions
> in the README.

What about creating a second Apache™ Bloodhound instance (i.e environment) ?

> This is from a Trac and Bloodhound newb so YMMV.

we've all being there ... once upon a time ...
;)

Olemis.