Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by MICHELLE RENEE LARSON <mr...@psu.edu> on 2015/03/13 15:17:38 UTC

Issues with SSL to resolve poodle vulnerability

We use a software called iDashboards it is tomcat running on windows I
have installed an SSL and when you go to the site
https://idashboards-dev.outreach.psu.edu/idashboards/ it shows that the
SSL is installed and you connect via https however when you go to an ssl
checker it says no ssl if installed any idea why it would not show.

Using sslshopper.com ssl checker

idashboards-dev.outreach.psu.edu resolves to 146.186.231.156

No SSL certificates were found on idashboards-dev.outreach.psu.edu. Make
sure that the name resolves to the correct server and that the SSL port
(default is 443) is open on your server's firewall.

I have 448 and 8443 open on both the local firewall and on network
firewall.

We are running tomcat 7.0.35 on Server 2008 r2

Here is the edited server.xml

                <Connector port="443"

           protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"

           SSLEnabled="true"

           maxThreads="150"

           scheme="https"

           secure="true"

           clientAuth="false"

           sslProtocol="TLS"

           keystoreFile="C:\SSL\keystore.jks"

           keystorePass="$@GCceate345"

           keyAlias="tomcat" />

Michelle larson

Systems Administrator II

Outreach Technology Services

The Pennsylvania State University

The 329 Bldg, Suite 311, Innovation Park

University Park, PA 16802

Phone: 814-863-6612

Re: Issues with SSL to resolve poodle vulnerability

Posted by Daniel Mikusa <dm...@pivotal.io>.
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 10:17 AM, MICHELLE RENEE LARSON <mr...@psu.edu>
wrote:

> We use a software called iDashboards it is tomcat running on windows I
> have installed an SSL and when you go to the site
> https://idashboards-dev.outreach.psu.edu/idashboards/ it shows that the
> SSL is installed and you connect via https however when you go to an ssl
> checker it says no ssl if installed any idea why it would not show.
>

> Using sslshopper.com ssl checker
>

> idashboards-dev.outreach.psu.edu resolves to 146.186.231.156

While the DNS does resolve for me, the site does not seem accessible.  This
may or may not be intentional.  Also, looking at a site like
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/idashboards-dev.outreach.psu.edu.html
show's it's not accessible.  Given that sslshopper.com is a public site,
it's probably having the same access issues.

Dan

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Kaydell Leavitt wrote:
> Unsubscribe please.

1) don't top post.
2) scroll down to the very bottom and read the fine instructions repeated in every message
on this list.

P.S.
Duh !

Posted by Kaydell Leavitt <ka...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.