Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2009/11/05 04:46:12 UTC

Re: Apache Roller 5.0 beta 1 build available

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>wrote:

> [...]
> class org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Authenticator
>         at
> org.apache.naming.factory.MailSessionFactory.getObjectInstance(MailSessionFactory.java:105)
>
> Copy mail.jar and activation.jar to my $CATALINA_HOME/lib from my local
> Maven repo, try again.
>
> Now I get:
>
> Sorry! We couldn't find your document Status Code 404  Message
>  Type
>  Exception The file that you requested could not be found on this server.
> In roller.log, it has the following error:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.ReportingSQLException: Unknown
> column 't3.creator' in 'field list' {prepstmnt 16668330 SELECT t0.id,
> t0.about, t0.isactive, t0.allowcomments, t0.blacklist, t1.id,
> t1.description, t1.image, t1.name, t2.id, t2.description, t2.image,
> t2.name, t2.path, t2.websiteid, t1.path, t3.id, t3.about, t3.isactive,
> t3.allowcomments, t3.blacklist, t3.bloggercatid, t3.creator,
> t3.customstylesheet, t3.datecreated, t3.defaultallowcomments,
> t3.defaultcatid, t3.defaultcommentdays, t3.defaultpageid, t3.defaultplugins,
> t3.description, t3.editorpage, t3.editortheme, t3.emailaddress,
> t3.emailcomments, t3.emailfromaddress, t3.enablebloggerapi,
> t3.enablemultilang, t3.isenabled, t3.displaycnt, t3.handle, t3.icon,
> t3.lastmodified, t3.locale, t3.commentmod, t3.name, t3.pagemodels,
> t3.showalllangs, t3.timeZone, t3.weblogdayid, t0.creator,
> t0.customstylesheet, t0.datecreated, t0.defaultallowcomments, t4.id,
> t4.description, t4.image, t4.name, t4.parentid, t4.path, t4.websiteid,
> t0.defaultcommentdays, t0.defaultpageid, t0.defaultplugins, t0.description,
> t0.editorpage, t0.editortheme, t0.emailaddress, t0.emailcomments,
> t0.emailfromaddress, t0.enablebloggerapi, t0.enablemultilang, t0.isenabled,
> t0.displaycnt, t0.handle, t0.icon, t0.lastmodified, t0.locale,
> t0.commentmod, t0.name, t0.pagemodels, t0.showalllangs, t0.timeZone,
> t0.weblogdayid FROM website t0 LEFT OUTER JOIN weblogcategory t1 ON
> t0.bloggercatid = t1.id LEFT OUTER JOIN weblogcategory t4 ON
> t0.defaultcatid = t4.id LEFT OUTER JOIN weblogcategory t2 ON t1.parentid =
> t2.id LEFT OUTER JOIN website t3 ON t1.websiteid = t3.id WHERE (t0.handle
> = ?) [params=(String) rd]} [code=1054, state=42S22]
>
> Then I remember, I'm supposed to upgrade my database first.
>
> cd $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/dbscripts/mysql
> mysql -u root -p roller < 400-to-500-migration.sql
>
> Restart Tomcat
>
> Whoo hoo - it works!
>
> Go to Site Administration and change site URL from
> http://raibledesigns.com to "" and start playing. The first thing I notice
> is my menu has a bit of CSS issues. This is likely because I've had to
> customize the Velocity templates in the past.
>
> I'll play around with it a bit and try to figure out the differences
> between my templates and Roller's templates and report back, hopefully in

I've entered a JIRA issue for the major cosmetic issue I'm experiencing:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1845

I'll submit a patch after I'm done waiting for SVN to download all the JARs.
;-)

There are a number of other enhancements to weblog.vm, mostly consisting of
adding id's and classes to elements so they can be styled easier. Should I
create an issue for this as well, or continue merging my .vm before I
upgrade?

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
I'll test my changes against other themes soon and if there aren't any
issues, I'll commit the patch attached to the issue below.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.