Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Riffe, Melvin" <MR...@upstate.com> on 2005/01/30 00:44:28 UTC

Is there a way to declare a dependency on the current JDK's tools.jar?

Howday List,

I'm currently learning maven and started converting a small project of
mine that adds some simple javadoc taglets.  Using eclipse I can add a
reference to my JDK's tools.jar.  I can't seem to find something similar
in maven.  I found the dependency and dependencies elements but it seems
maven wants these jar files to exist in a repository under a naming
convention/scheme.  Can I declare this reference or do I have to setup a
local repository and place the jar file there?

Thanks...

Mel Riffe