Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Zhang <mi...@uclink4.berkeley.edu> on 2002/07/12 05:36:19 UTC

help with apache tomcat webserver

Hi, I am running apache tomcat webserver 3.0a(and 4.0) on my pc on a dsl =
connection.  for some reason, some people can access my homepage via =
http://myip:8080 while others get server not found error.  why?
any help is appreciate it.

-jonathan

RE: help with apache tomcat webserver

Posted by Andrew Conrad <an...@msn.com>.
A 404 is a good response, kinda.  It means your server responded and
couldn't find the file.

The link you gave out seems to be bad.

I found it here  (with .htm not .html)

http://64.161.27.180:8080/index.htm

BTW, just give out http://64.161.27.180:8080/  that way the server will
return the appropriate file.

- Andrew

Posted by Martin Jacobson <ma...@libero.it>.

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
DNS = Domain _Name_ Service - it's only job is to take names and turn
them into numbers.  Martin poses a good question though.  Do you have a
firewall of some sort up?  Is it conceivable you're blocking them and
don't know it?  I'm not good at sysadmin, so I can't help you there :~-(
 Oh - last I checked - being ignorant is not a prosecutable offense :-)
 (I don't know if that's good news to you, but it sure is to me!)

Good luck!

Eddie

Posted by Jonathan Zhang <mi...@uclink4.berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.