Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Davyd McColl <da...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/18 16:02:40 UTC

[LOG4NET] Vote for release: 2.0.12

Hi all

Not much has changed in 2.0.12 except that an issue affecting non-windows users has been addressed. LOG4NET-652 and LOG4NET-653 both stem from the same source, wherein the username for the current logging thread was not correctly retrieved on non-windows platforms and would throw a PlatformNotSupported error. I was hoping that one of the authors of pull requests to resolve this would respond to my comments on said pull requests, but it's been a while now and there's been a user asking when the update would be released, so, as much as I would have liked the community member commits, I've gone ahead and applied the logic myself.

Anyways, 2.0.12 is up for release at https://github.com/apache/logging-log4net/releases/tag/rc%2F2.0.12 [https://github.com/apache/logging-log4net/releases/tag/rc%2F2.0.12] with signed artifacts there. Documentation is updated at the staging site -- all that's left is a sanity check and vote before I can push the nupkg to nuget.org, which is how most people will consume it.

Ralph, as far as I understand, I still don't have the ability to push artifacts to the apache download server, so please could you do so for me?

Thanks for your time
-d

Re: [LOG4NET] Vote for release: 2.0.12

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.