Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Sneha Tilak <sn...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/22 04:41:36 UTC

Status Update - Group Management UI for the Sharing Service

Hello dev,

For the past few weeks, I've been working with Marcus and Supun on
developing a Django UI for Airavata's sharing service.

As of now, we have built a working UI which has been tested with the
dev.seagrid.org user base.

The portal allows users to create user level groups, view groups that they
are a member of and manage groups that they own.

We have not yet decided on the Apache repository that will be used for this
implementation. For now, you can view - https://github.com/machristie/
django-airavata-gateway for code reference. The pull request that I've
created which explains the features of the portal can be found at -
https://github.com/machristie/django-airavata-gateway/pull/1

The code still needs to be tested with the test user database that Kenneth
provided.

Regards,
Sneha Tilak

Re: Status Update - Group Management UI for the Sharing Service

Posted by Sneha Tilak <sn...@gmail.com>.
Hello dev,

In order to deploy the Django portal on your local system and test it, you
will have to clone the above GitHub repository on your local machines and
run a few simple steps. But make sure that you have Python 3+ installed.
Once you have cloned the repository, you need to perform the following
steps (you might want to have sudo or root access for some of these) -

   1. Copy settings_local.py file to the django_airavata folder
   2. python -m venv ENV
   3. source ENV/bin/activate
   4. pip install -r requirements.txt
   5. python manage.py migrate
   6. python manage.py runserver
   7. Test on localhost:8000/

You will also need an user account on dev.seagrid.org to start with.

Attaching the settings_local.py file

Regards,
Sneha Tilak