Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by RJ <ry...@sympatico.ca> on 2007/03/17 03:33:18 UTC

Nutch-0.8.1 Errors

Testing Nutch-0.8.1 on a local Freebsd Box.

 After reading and following the Intranet: Configuration tutorial I tried the crawl command:
  bin/nutch crawl urls -dir test
  Result = command not found
  I ran ANT from the Nutch-0.8.1 directory, Build successful. Ran the crawl command again, same error and I get the same error by just running  bin/nutch. Another copy was downloaded from another server and I still got the same error "command not found" .

 I copied the nutch file from nutch-0.7.1 to Nutch-0.8.1 and now when I run  bin/nutch I get the list of options. Tried "bin/nutch bin/nutch crawl urls -dir test" and now I get:
 Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/nutch/tools/CrawlTool

find / -name CrawlTool

There is no CrawlTool.

 Should I have the CrawlTool on my system and is there a know problem with the nutch file.

 Thanks